- “DNA Direct is a privately held company, incorporated in the fall of 2003, and is located on the San Francisco waterfront in California. [DNA Direct is] staffed by a group of dedicated individuals and genetic experts committed to building a genetic testing service that empowers health care consumers.”
From 2006 to 2008, Michael’s team designed and developed an AJAX-based rich internet application for DNA Direct.
- Community Foundation Insights (CF Insights) is a centralized data resource for community foundations. CF Insights gives participating community foundations access to up-to-date information on the finances, operations and best practices of their peers.
Michael Eakes and his team developed the custom online platform used by CF Insights, and continue to enhance the technology.
- Chicago Metallic Corporation is a global provider of architectural building products and services.
In 2007, Michael developed a simulation for use in a manufacturing design process.
- “ImageChef Incorporated was founded in 2003 to create a new genre of imaging products for the consumer market. ImageChef is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and is privately funded.”
In late 2006, Michael integrated services to allow automated purchase, printing, and mailing of physical greeting cards featuring ImageChef custom images.
- For Ink2, Michael developed a back-end server system to support a flash-based product.
- “Rojo means ‘RSS with mojo’ and in this spirit [Rojo] is dedicated to providing the best feed reader around so that busy people can discover and read content as efficiently as possible.”
In 2005-2006, Michael designed and implemented the core feed reading aggregator for tens of thousands of users and created community features at Rojo.
- “Random Walk is a premier business analysis and technology consulting services firm focused on delivering high quality solutions for a broad array of financial services organizations.”
During 2000-2003, Michael worked as a software consultant with Random Walk, making the first electronic trading system for complex option contracts and building the web version of Schwab’s Fixed Income Inventory Management system.